Welcome to our Nursery class page. Our Nursery class is called Ash class. In Ash class we have children who attend Monday to Wednesday and Wednesday to Friday. We also offer the full 30 hours Monday to Friday for families who are entitled to this.
- Mrs Allen is the class teacher Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday morning and is the Early Years Phase Lead.
- Ms Hurley is the class teacher Wednesday afternoon, Thursday and Friday.
- Miss Stenner is the Teaching Assistant and is in class all week Monday-Friday.
If your child is 3, please come and see when we can offer your child a start date.
Tapestry is a really good way to keep up to date with your child’s learning in the classroom. All members of staff in the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) will take photographs and observations of your child and upload these for you to see.
Parents are also encouraged to upload photos and videos of learning at home to share as well.
The curriculum aims to develop the children’s skills, knowledge and understanding, and provides the basis for future learning. It is not just concerned with what the children learn, but with the Characteristics of Effective Early Learning, it considers how they learn. The children will develop and progress through milestones as they work towards the Early Learning Goals. The Curriculum is divided into three prime areas;
- Personal, Social and Emotional Development
- Physical Development
- Communication and Language
And four specific areas;
- Understanding of the World
- Expressive Art and Design