We are very lucky to have a Reception class with a class teacher and a Teaching Assistant.
- Miss Shergold- Pine class Teacher
- Miss Pruett -Teaching Assistant who supports both key worker groups and the daily running of the unit.
Tapestry is a really good way to keep up to date with your child’s learning in the classroom. All members of staff in the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) will take photographs and observations of your child and upload these for you to see.
Parents are also encouraged to upload photos and videos of learning at home to share as well.
The curriculum aims to develop the children’s skills, knowledge and understanding, and provides the basis for future learning. It is not just concerned with what the children learn, but with the Characteristics of Effective Early Learning, it considers how they learn. The children will develop and progress through milestones as they work towards the Early Learning Goals. The Curriculum is divided into three prime areas;
- Personal, Social and Emotional Development
- Physical Development
- Communication and Language
And four specific areas;
- Understanding of the World
- Expressive Art and Design