The class teacher for Pine class is Miss Keith. Please click on the following “This Is Me” document to find out more information about her:
The Teaching Assistant in Pine class is Miss Pruett.
The curriculum aims to develop the children’s skills, knowledge and understanding, and provides the basis for future learning. It is not just concerned with what the children learn, but with the Characteristics of Effective Early Learning, it considers how they learn. The children will develop and progress through milestones as they work towards the Early Learning Goals. The Curriculum is divided into three prime areas;
- Personal, Social and Emotional Development
- Physical Development
- Communication and Language
And four specific areas;
- Understanding of the World
- Expressive Art and Design
Tapestry provides each individual child with their own e-learning journey. Further information is available on the main Tapestry website.
- Parents and carers are given a personal log-in using their email address and password. Log-in details are given to parents at the beginning of term. If you have not received your log-in details, please contact a member of the EYFS team via the academy office.
- All our EYFS staff have a secure pin log-in number. Staff record and assess our pupils, linking observations to the EYFS curriculum and uploading photo or video media as evidence.
- Once saved and completed, each observation is approved by Mrs Baker.
- An email is then automatically generated to parents/carers set up to that child’s account and they are informed that an observation has been added so they can have a look and add any of their own comments
The Tapestry App is available to download for iPhone and Android devices from the respective App Store.
How to use Tapestry to view your child’s journal
- Go to the log-in page of the Tapestry website
- Enter your personal email and password
- You can then view your child’s journal and look through the observations. You can print these off for your own keeping if you wish
- You can add your own comments at the bottom of the observation
- You can also add your own observations using your phone/ tablet or via the web
PE is every Tuesday and Wednesday and children need to come into school in their full PE kit (including house t-shirts and appropriate footwear). House t-shirts will be given to each child when they start here and will have their names printed on the reverse. These are completely free of charge.
We have provided a copy of our EYFS Prospectus for you to have a look at and find out more information about what we offer your child: