Teachers and Learning Support Assistants
- Hawthorn class- Miss Hewson
- Sycamore class – Miss Keith
- Year 2 LSA- Ms Oakley
Teaching and learning
In May, Year 2 pupils take their SATS exams. These are national, statutory tests in which we assess Maths, Reading, Writing and ESPG (English, spelling, punctuation and grammar).
We will cover a variety of exciting learning opportunities through our topics:
- Term 1: What are seasons?
- Term 2: Did the Great Fire make London a better or worse place?
- Term 3: Where does our food come from?
- Term 4: How have holidays changed over time?
- Term 5: What are the seven wonders of the world?
- Term 6: Who are our local heroes?
Please click the link to discover what we will be learning throughout the year:
Key Weekly Information
Please bring in your P.E kit on a Monday and leave it in school until Friday.
You should read with your child every day and sign in their reading record book. Children can also earn ‘Reading Karate Bands’ when you sign the sheet in the back of the reading records.
You will receive a new homework grid in their homework books at the start of each term. Choose one of the boxes to complete each week. Each week, they will receive spellings to practise. The spelling test will be completed every Friday.
Below you will find links to the topic map and topic knowledge organiser for this term.