At Badock’s Wood E-ACT Academy we recognise the importance of PE to the health and wellbeing of our children.
We also value the impact that high quality teaching of PE and the participation in extra-curricular activities can have on a child’s concentration and attainment. We are committed to ensure that all pupils receive a minimum of two hours of PE per week. Due to the sports funding provided by the government we have been able to employ sports teachers. The sports teachers work alongside the teachers to deliver high quality PE lessons as well as providing a wide range of after academy sports clubs, both for team and individual sports.
What is the Sports Premium?
The Government is spending over £450 million on improving Physical Education (PE) and sport in primary academies and schools. Funding is allocated directly to academies and is used to develop the PE and sport activities that the school already offers, as well as making improvements that will benefit pupils joining the school in future years.
Schools can choose how they use the funding, for example:
- Hiring qualified coaches to work with teachers
- Providing existing staff with training or resources to help teach PE and sport more effectively
- Introducing new sports or activities and encourage more people to take up sport.
- Supporting and involving the least active children by running or extending school sports clubs, holiday clubs and Change4Life clubs.
- Running sports competitions
- Increasing pupil participation in school games
- Running sports activities with other schools.
Badock’s Wood has received £18,220.00 in Sports Premium this academic year. The money can only be spent on sport and PE provision in schools. Please see the report below for more information on how this money will be spent: