Term 4 letterYear Five
Teachers and Learning Support Assistants
- Willow class- Mr Pearce
- Oak class- Mrs Millward
Teaching and learning
We will cover a variety of exciting learning opportunities through our topics:
- Term 1: What brought the Edo people to the rain forests of Benin?
- Term 2: Why was William Wilberforce important in Victorian Britain?
- Term 3: Why is Pompeii a city of stone?
- Term 4: What did the Ancient Greeks do for us?
- Term 5: Should we build a hotel next to the Great Barrier Reef?
- Term 6: How did the Mayans make chocolate?
Please click the following link to discover our curriculum plan for the rest of the year: CURRICULUM PLAN
Key Weekly Information
Please bring in your P.E kit on a Monday and leave it in school until Friday.
PE Days are Thursday/Friday for Willow and Wednesday and Thursday for Oak.
You should read with your child every day and sign in their reading record book. Children can also earn prizes and book rewards when you sign their ‘reading rewards sheet’ which is stuck in their reading record.
A homework grid is given out at the beginning of each term. This allows children to choose one item from the grid to complete as homework each week. They will need to ensure that they complete at least 2 Maths, English and Science homeworks a term. Weekly spellings will also be sent out each week. All homework is due in on a Thursday. This term’s topic homework is: create your own Greek God or Goddess. You will need to represent your God or Goddess and create a factfile about them.